Yeast is a microorganism that live inside your body and constitutes a part of vagina’s flora. Under certain circumstances, like taking antibiotics, yeast begin to grow and cause pain, irritation and burning sensation in the vulva while having sex. It can also can cause white, cottage-cheese-like vaginal discharge that is thick and normally odorless.
This is what you can read in any medical magazine related to woman’s health. But what is behind clever words and medical terms?
What is behind medical term?
I had to struggle with yeast infection every time doctors prescribed me antibiotics. And that’s what they do every time they are not sure of the cause of the problem. I had a very strong and long-lasting antibiotics therapy to cure my lung infection.
Yes, it helped. But what I didn’t know back then is that antibiotics virtually destroyed my sensitive vaginal microflora. The peaceful yeast colony called Candida albicans that dwelt inside my genitalia got crazy and declared war to every living species inside me.
My yeast declared war
War means sacrifice and pain. My yeast became pathogenic and caused the following symptoms:
- Burning and itching of my genitalia. It burnt like hell and itched so bad, I wanted to scratch it all the time
- Disgusting thick whitish discharge that ruined my expensive underwear
- Soreness of my lady parts
- Vulvar irritation that brought me insane
- Severe redness around my vagina and swelling of labia that made it difficult to
walk. I envied all the women around me because they didn’t have what I had.
- Hateful pads that I had to wear lead to skin fissures on the most sensitive parts of my body
- Painful penetration when having sex. Trust me, that was the easiest part because I couldn’t even think of idea to have sex.
- Feeling unsafe and unclean all the time. I tried to mask it with perfumes and deodorants. Note to myself: try NOT to put alcohol on sore skin!
In the search of cure
I felt tired all the time. I didn’t have energy to wake up and to start my day.
I got angry easily. I added a couple of enemies to my black list during those sad times.
I spent hours in pharmacy trying to find an over-the-counter remedy. I went to see the doctor, and he gave me a one-time oral anti-fungal fluconazol (Diflucan), a magic pill that took my symptoms away… for a couple of days!
I tried PH-gels, clotrimazole creams and lacto-bacteria injections that claimed they can cure me. Not to mention the fact that I busted my medications budget. I felt down. I almost gave up. Nothing helped, or helped just temporarily.
I didn’t want to talk about my condition with no-one. I was afraid people would judge me. Finally, I confided to my friend that works in a clinic as a Nutritionist. She said that there is a program that was developed by a well-known specialist in treating the core cause of thrill in women.
I tried it, read it from cover to cover, let it under my skin, and it worked! I am so thankful to the author! I understand now why it is so popular. Why wait? If you feel you are stuck in your situation, there is an easy way out. Try it out, and you will change your life.